Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This awesome recipe was submitted by Jyoti Nair to Thursday. Its just great! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese (made from 1 ltr. of milk)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 50 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Mix all the ingredients listed under"For pancakes" together.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now, heat oil in a wok.
- Toss in cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Once they stop crackling, add onions and saute until well browned.
- Mix in the garam masala powder, salt, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Saute nicely.
- Fold in the crumbled cottage cheese (paneer).
- Keep aside.
- Now, heat a griddle on medium flame.
- Smear a little oil on its surface.
- Carefully, using a ladle, pour 4 tbsps.
- of the prepared batter on the griddle.
- Flatten it now to make a round of about 6 inches in diameter.
- Cover with a lid.
- When the pancake's cooked on one side, pour 1/2 teaspoons of oil on it and then flip it over to cook the other side.
- Likewise, prepare 6 pancakes and keep aside.
- Note: Make sure you make the pancakes slightly thicker and softer instead of thin and crispy.
- Now, in a medium-sized bowl, crack an egg and beat it well using an electric beater.
- Add the milk, nutmeg powder, a pinch of salt and some sugar and mix well.
- Then, grease an oven-proof dish (the size of pancakes).
- Dip one pancake at a time in the egg-milk mixture.
- Place it in the greased dish.
- Gently, spread 2 tbsps.
- of the filling over the pancake, leaving a small gap along the edges.
- Alternate each layer with pancake and filling.
- Finish it with a pancake.
- Pour the remaining egg-milk mixture over the pancakes.
- Now, bake the dish in a pre-heated oven at 150C for 20 minutes or until it is firm.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce AND sauteed veggies.
- Dig in and enjoy!