Recipe by brokenburner
I hate the taste and texture of cottage cheese, but I'm always trying to find ways to get past that because of its nutritional profile. This recipe is both easy and delicious! Notes: I used Truvia for my sweetener. I'm not sure of the measurement in weight, but I used two single-serve packets. I also baked this in a toaster oven, so adjust your baking time appropriately. Nutritionals: about 140 calories and 20 grams of protein.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white
- 7 g sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into a two-cup Pyrex dish.
- (If desired, sprinkle with sugar substitute and cinnamon.).
- Bake for about 90 minutes, or until the texture is just slightly firm to the touch. If you want a crispier crust, put the dish under the broiler for about a minute.
- You can eat it immediately, but I like to refrigerate it and eat it cold!