Recipe by StrikingEyes00
I got a huge package of fresh tilapia from BJ's, so I needed to find a great recipe to use. This was amazing. I found it on the Food Network. We felt like we should have been on a beach under a palm tree!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 cups jarred salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice and chicken broth in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and has absorbed all of the liquid, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, oil, 2 tbls of the cilantro, the garlic, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Add the tilapia fillets to the marinade, turning to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, tuning occationally.
- Stir together the cooked rice, salsa, beans, pineapple, and remaining 2 Tbls of the cilantro in a 2 or 3-quart baking dish.
- Remove the tilapia from the marinade, reserve the marinade, and lay the fish fillets over the rice mixture, overlapping if necessary. Pour the reserved marinade over the fish. Shingle the lime slices over the fish.
- Bake until the fish flakes easily, is opaque, and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.