1/1 Photo of Baked Cornish Game Hens
1 hr 30 mins
Stuffed with veggies, you can serve stuffing/dressing on the side; also goes well with wild rice and/or roasted potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can mixed mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- 3Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, then stuff with equal amounts butter/vegetable mixture.
- 4Place stuffed birds in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up.
- 5Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 6Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Remove cover and brown at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.2 mg
- Sodium 401.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: