Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an amazing side dish. I often whip this up when making food for church, a sick friend or a new mom. It's one of those easy, cheap and delicious meals. I have another corn casserole dish that I also love. But, this is one of the few that doesn't require cheese, cream cheese or sour cream. I use club crackers. But, I'm sure that you could also use Ritz. It's obviously not a diet food. Yum!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups crushed Club crackers (I use one sleeve)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat the eggs, add corn, sugar, salt, milk and 1/2 of your crushed club crackers.
- Dump into a greased or sprayed small baking dish. I use the 9x9 glass ones.
- Cover with the remaining half of cracker crumbs and dot with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
I recently made this after searching the internet for hours for a recipe without sour cream (my husband hates sourcream) needless to say this was a big hit! only changes I made was I used planko bread crumbs ( next time im using crackers) & next time I make it I think im going to less sugar it was a little sweet for my taste other than that thanks! this recipe was an awesome idea