Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Had this when the grandkids came for dinner. They gobbled it up.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 1-quart casserole dish.
- Drain liquid from corn into a measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to make 2/3 cup of liquid total.
- Combine all ingredients into the casserole and mix well until completely blended.
- Put in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serves 4-6.
Fabulous, perfect for my little men. I added some cheese at the end, and mixed it in. Boys ate it, yea! You could totally make this in a pie pan.
I loved this new way to make corn. I really enjoyed the recipe and the corn muffin mix really added a new dimention. Our 4 year old did not care for it to my surprise as he likes both cornbread and corn. Perfect accompaniment to chicken-fried-steak. Thanks Katha!
I just made this for dinner and there is none left. This was delicious. My children, ages 5 and 7, love corn so I thought this would be a nice change. They loved it! My five year old picky eater rated it right up there with pizza. I could taste the garlic powder and the black pepper that I added. I didn't add the onions because my kids can spot an onion from a mile away. Exclellent dish that was simple to put together and even easier to make disappear. This is definitley a keeper. Thank you for a great recipe.