Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Feel free to add in some other vegetables also, I have even added in some cooked leftover cubed potatoes.
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained (can use two cans)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablesppon flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in chopped onion and bell peppers; saute until tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Stir in flour and mix/whisk for 1 minute.
- Add in half and half cream; cook stirring/whisking constantly until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat then add in the shredded cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese (if using) mix until all the cheese has melted.
- Whisk in eggs then add in the corn, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Transfer into prepared dish then top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Finely every thing my kids will eat all in one dish thanks we will be having this one again!
An attractive and delicious vegetable dish! I am so glad I made it for a party of 26 guests. I use 1 1/2 cans of corn, plus 2 carrots diced, 1 medium head broccolli along with the sauted onion and green bell pepper. The change i made in the procedure was to make the cheese sauce on its own after sauteing the onion and bell pepper. Used only 1.5 cups cheese for my dish although I doubled the eggs, the milk (instead of half and half), and the butter. It cooked in the same amount of time. Used a 3.2L (3.4 qt) dish. I am sure I will make it again. Thanks for sharing!
This was an easy quick meal to put together. Nice and creamy. I haven't ever had this with breadcrumbs before. My casserole dish I think may be smaller because I used 1/2 C of them and it seemed a bit too much. Thinking I will use a larger bowl next time. Thanks for posting