Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I got this from my sister, who makes it for every Thanksgiving. I like it a lot better than the recipes using Bisquick or corn muffin mix. Tip: thaw the corn in a colander in the sink and you won't have to drain it afterwards!
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed (pour off excess water)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup bread (optional) or 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb, mixed with melted butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt shortening and then add the flour.
- Add milk gradually and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add corn, sugar, salt and pepper and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add beaten eggs.
- Pour into greased baking dish, sprinkle with buttered crumbs if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until firm.