Recipe by Anissa
So yummy and so easy. This is similar to sweet corn cake but cheaper. I bring this often to cook-outs in the summer, a big hit. (Note: frozen whole-kernel corn can be substituted for the canned.)
Top Review by IngridH
When I make this, I add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon each dried basil and thyme, and 1 teaspoon paprika. This really perks up the flavor. Also can be an OAMC recipe. Just mix the batter, put in a freezer bag, and freeze. Thaw, then cook per the listed directions.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 30 to 35 minutes more, or until set and the top is golden.
- Also can be an OAMC recipe. Just mix the batter, put in a freezer bag and freeze.
- Thaw, then cook per the listed directions.