Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend of mine used to bring this to all of our parties. It's quick to assemble, delicious, travels well and can be frozen.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can corn (don't drain)
- 1 (6 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 bell green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 jar chopped pimiento, drained
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt stick of butter in 13x9 pan.
- Mix all other ingredients, except cheese, in a bowl until well blended.
- Pour in buttered dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes til brown on top.
There was not even a kernel of corn left in the pan and everyone asked for the recipe. Need I say more? Cornbread mix, what a great addition for a corn casserole. I did not change a thing but did need to bake about 10 minutes longer.
Junebug, you made me a star at a family get together. Now I have to email everyone the recipe. So easy to make and carry. It was voted the best dish. I also baked it 10 more mintues.Thanks a bunch!
This is a great corn recipe; super easy to assemble. Deleted the pimento and increased cooking time about 10 minutes. A new family favorite!