Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an economical and colourful side dish. Goes well with mashed potatoes and most meat. Can corn can be substituted with 3 cups frozen corn.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Mix corn, tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper in an 8" square greased dish.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter.
- Spread over veggies.
- Bake@ 350 degrees F.
- for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is browned and veggies heated through.
Wonderful and easy. I used frozen corn and fresh homegrown tomatoes for this. The only thing that I added was two cloves of minced garlic. (Gotta have garlic with fresh tomatoes!) Loved the buttery crumb topping. Thanx!
What a great simple recipe! DH and I loved this. I used canned tomatoes, canned corn and seasoned breadcrumbs as I had no bread to make fresh breadcrumbs. I believe I would prefer either the fresh breadcrumbs or unseasoned breadcrumbs. However, it was still delicious. This has a sweetness from the corn and tang from the tomatoes. Thanks Tebo!