I hope that you will enjoy this festive rice, it is a great alternative to potatoes and plain rice. This tasty dish is very filling.
- 2 cups rice, long grain, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 red pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, small, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- 28 ounces corn, canned, nibblets
- 1⁄4 lb aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice in boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes, drain and set aside until needed.
- Saute the onions in butter until soft then add the sweet peppers, mushrooms and drained corn, jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper, cooking on low for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice, vegetables, grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses and sour cream together, blend well.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 14 casserole dish and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese bake for 1 hour.