I hope that you will enjoy this festive rice, it is a great alternative to potatoes and plain rice. This tasty dish is very filling.
- 2 cups rice, long grain, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 red pepper, sweet, diced
- 1 onion, sweet, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, small, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced thinly
- 28 ounces corn, canned, nibblets
- 1⁄4 lb aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice in boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes, drain and set aside until needed.
- Saute the onions in butter until soft then add the sweet peppers, mushrooms and drained corn, jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper, cooking on low for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice, vegetables, grated cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses and sour cream together, blend well.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 14 casserole dish and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese bake for 1 hour.
What a great side dish to any meal. Served this dish alongside your Chicken Thighs Oven Fried and it was a great match . Loved all the flavors and ingredients and I'll definitely keep this recipe handy. Made for Spring PAC, 2014.
This was such a wonderful dish. I made as written only cutting it down for DH and I (three servings). DH is ready to have this again. Next time I think I will add a little more jalapeno (ours was a mild one). Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for El Maiz~ Corn June 2013 tag game.
This was delish...made as a side dish for Easter Sunday and sister-in-law immediately asked who made this? Please send me the recipe. I used frozen corn too 'cause I'm not in love with anything from the can. Only used the red peppers because they are so sweet and add a ton of flavor. Used red pepper flakes instead of jalapeno so becareful not to get too heavy handed unless you really like the bite...we do. Thanks for sharing a recipe I'll definitely use many times over. Loved all the veggies in it and will try it with other assortments. Even my two year old grand daughter ate it.