Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my husband's favorite side dishes. Very tasty with the sour cream and bacon.
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 (12 ounce) cans shoe peg corn, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled,divided
- In a large skillet, saute' onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute over low heat; stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in sour cream, corn, and salt; cook over medium-low heat until thoroughly heated (Do Not Boil); stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1/2 chopped bacon.
- Pour mixture into a greased, shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes
This really tasted wonderful. The bacon I had was really smoky and just added a wonderful flavor to the sour cream & corn. I do think though that I might add an extra can of corn next time. Since there wasn't a temperature listed, I guessed and baked it at 350.
VERY good - I used the bacon grease to saute the onion in instead of butter. VERY YUMMY- thank you! A great side dish!
I thought this was a very good sidedish. I didn't have any bacon so I used some leftover diced ham instead and it turned out yummy.