Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 6 mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 220C/425°F.
- Place the beans in an appropriately sized roasting pan along with the peppers and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle over the garlic along with some salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over some oil to coat the veggies and mix it all around.
- Nestle the cod fillets in among the veggies, lightly season again, then place the slices of prosciutto over the cod and among the veggies.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- Place the lemon wedges in between the cod pieces. Do not squeeze.
- Cover the pan with foil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and cook an additional 10-15 minutes until the fish flakes.
Nice easy recipe that fills you with many flavors ... I used red cubanelle peppers and just followed the directions ... this great dish along with homemade pepper cabbage was tasty and will definitely be making again ... easy enough to make for an elegant Sunday dinner with friends and family ...
What a pretty dish! Did feel like something was missing, and my green beans weren't cooked. Will definitely try again, maybe with some tomato wedges to connect the flavours?
Great starting point.
This is a beautiful and delicious meal. I followed the directions for 2 using red bell peppers and fresh green beans. The prosciutto, pine nuts and lemon are important ingredients and must not be left out. Just an outstanding dish, served with basmati rice.