Recipe by June Langton
Fast and Delicious
Top Review by xtine
This was a great cod dish with lots of flavor. I sauteed the cod for 3 minutes on each side as I didn't want to heat up the house using the oven to bake it - too hot right now in July. The tapenade is delicious and really goes well with the cod.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet (could be frozen)
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.Rubb Cod with 2 tsps oil.Sprinkle with pepper. Place on baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 mins or until fish flakes with a fork.Meanwhile heat remaining oil in small skillet on medium heat.Add shallot and cook stirring until softened.Add tomatoes and cook stirring about 2 mins,Add olives and capers and cook 30 second more. Stir in oregano and vinegar and remove from heat. Spoon over cod and serve.