Recipe by momaphet
This is super simple and makes for a quick and easy supper, it can be made with any firm white fish.
Top Review by breezermom
This was good, but the fish needed some seasoning before topping with the tomatoes. I think this would be really good if you added something as simple as salt and pepper to the fish before topping, or maybe some creole seasoning....after all it's topped with the basic creole/cajun trinity! This was really easy to make and really beautiful to serve. It looked fabulous coming out of the oven. Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hits tag.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cod steaks or 4 fillets
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 190C and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the cod with salt, pepper and garlic powder then set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic and pepper in a pan to soften. Add the tomatoes and paprika and simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Taste and add salt and pepper if required.
- Put your cod in the dish, pour the tomato sauce over and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cod is cooked. Sprinkle the parsley over and serve.