Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a low fat cookbook I had. Don't want to lose this. Goes well with new potatoes and green salad.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drain but reserve in case too dry
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cod steaks or 4 halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, wine and seasoning.
- Bring the sauce just to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly and cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, until thick.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Grease an ovenproof dish, put in the fish and spoon an equal amount of the tomato sauce onto each piece.
- Sprinkle the dried bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, basting the fish occasionally with the sauce until the fish is tender and cooked through and the bread crumbs are golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.