Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very typical salted cod fish recipe here in Portugal, you'll find it in about just any restaurant. This is very easy to prepare, as usually you will have to soak the salted cod,for 24 hrs, changing the water 3-4 times. That's a must with any kind of salted cod-fish. I usually do this and then freeze it, that way I'm always prepared. I usually do this recipe with fresh new small potatoes skin and all, it's wonderful. But if the potatoes are not new then by all means peel them. I hope you all enjoy this recipe.
- 4 salted cod fish fillets (1/2inch thick)
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 kg tiny new potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- After soaking the cod, remove from the water and dry well with a kitchen towel.
- Peel your onions and slice them into half moons also peel the garlic and chop it up.
- Under hot water remove the tomatoes skins and slice them up.
- In a rectangle casserole dish place in 1/2 of the olive oil and1/2 of the wine.
- Spread the onions, garlic, sliced tomatoes bay leaf, and the potatoes (if you can't find small find small potatoes use normal ones and have them cut into quarters, you also may add more potatoes if you like).
- Now place the cod over top of everything and drizzle the remaining wine and olive oil over each fillet.
- Keep basting the cod with the remaining olive oil so as not to dry out on you.
- Bake at 380°F for about 1 hour or when potatoes are cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley (serve with a green tossed salad, and enjoy.
this just became my favorite fish recipe! I will be making this again and again.