Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a traditional Danish style way of preparing and serving fresh cod.
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 ounces bacon
- 3 1⁄2 ounces button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lemon slices, butterflied for garnish (cut rind in two places then twist)
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- 3 sprigs parsley, for garnish
- 2 tomatoes, quartered for garnish
- 4 tablespoons cooked peas, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash fish and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the bacon into small strips; slice the mushrooms.
- Place bacon pieces and mushrooms in the bottom of a small casserole; top with fish and a pat of butter.
- Bake, uncovered, until fish is cooked through, about 45 minutes, basting frequently with butter.
- Transfer fish to serving dish, surround with mushrooms, bacon, and lemon wedges; top with butterflied lemon slices.
- In each of the four corners, place tomatoes topped with peas.
- Top with parsley.