1/2 Photos of Baked Coconut Shrimp With Spicy Mango Sauce
Dedee Royale's Note:
In baking the shrimp instead of frying you save on loads of calories without sacrificing taste. Cornstarch helps the coating to adhere much better to the shrimp instead of flour. This recipe works best with extra-large shrimp, 15-20 to the pound. Do not butterfly the shrimp or they will come out tough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, flaked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
Spicy Mango Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Place coconut and panko crumbs in a food processor and pulse a few times to blend.
- 3Place crumb mixture into a shallow dish or bowl.
- 4In a 2nd bowl beat egg whites lightly.
- 5In a 3rd bowl, add cornstarch.
- 6One at a time, dredge shrimp in corn starch, shaking off excess, then in egg whites, then dredge in crumb mixture, pressing to adhere to shrimp.
- 7Pour any leftover egg white evenly over each shrimp.
- 8Place shrimp on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 9Spray each shrimp lightly with canola oil.
- 10Bake at 375F for 10 minutes then spoon some of the mango sauce over each of the shrimp.
- 11Then continue baking for 10 more minutes. (Do not over bake or shrimp will be tough).
- 12Serve with Spicy Mango Sauce or bottled Sweet Chili Sauce.
- 13To Prepare Spicy Mango Sauce:.
- 14In a small sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoons oil.
- 15Add onion, ginger and garlic and saute 3 minutes, stirring.
- 16Add mango nectar and Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce and bring to a boil.
- 17Cook 10 minutes to reduce to 3/4 cup.
- 18Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- 19Place mixture into a blender and process till smooth.
- 20Stir in lime juice and salt. Cool.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Coconut Shrimp With Spicy Mango Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1097.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: