Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Weight Watchers Seafood and Fish Recipes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt, dash
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄3 cup egg white
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 425°F Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approximately 30-45 seconds.
- Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
- Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
- Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
- Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.
Why did I ever think these were hard to make? EASY. I like the purity of this recipe. I used key lime from my yard in the honey. My shrimp were 31-40 tail on. This size only needed 10 minutes. I like the tail on so there is a little handle. I had to use more coconut and next time would sprinkle just a little on top of each prior to baking. Butterflying the shrimp would allow it to hold more coconut. I put a dab of mango jam with lemon juice mixed in it on each and that was wonderful.