Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love coconut custard! Adapted from Taste of Thai.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Prebake pie crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, coconut extract and salt until well mixed. Set aside.
- Mix 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk with cornstarch in a medium saucepan until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add remaining Coconut Milk over low heat & stir constantly - do not boil. Cook until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Pour custard into the pie shell. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Serve warm or cold.