Recipe by Aimchick
This is a great fall/winter recipe. I don’t use my oven in the summer for obvious reasons. Letting boneless chicken marinate in either sour cream or plain yogurt makes it really tender and almost fluffy. You can really customize this recipe to your liking--it's more of a method than a recipe.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, sour cream, sesame oil and curry powder in a Ziploc bag and let stand in refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a pie plate or other shallow dish, combine coconut, bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dredge coated chicken strips in breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Lay chicken strips in an oven safe dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.