Recipe by Barb in WNY
Another recipe to try soon. I found the 1 teaspoon garlic salt too salty. I'd cut it in half or substitute garlic powder. This is more of an appetizer than main dish.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces minced clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup Ritz cracker, crumbled plus
- 2 tablespoons crackers, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain clams and reserve 3 tablespoons broth.
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan. Sauté onion, parsley, oregano, and the 1/4 cup cracker crumbs for 2 minutes, or until onion is golden. Remove from heat and mix with clams, the 3 tablespoons clam broth, and garlic salt. Spoon into a dozen clam shells or aluminum shells.
- Sprinkle lightly with a mixture made of 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons cracker crumbs.
- On a baking sheet, bake in a 375°F oven for 25 minutes, or until crusty on top.