Recipe by JFitz
A friend gave me this recipe and it's an easy way to have the taste of baked clams without all the work. Enjoy!
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams (do not drain)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash cayenne, Black and White Pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup hormel real crumbled bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely crumble bread (I used my food processor) set aside.
- Combine clams, onion, garlic, lemon, parsley in a 3 qt pot and bring to boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes. Add butter, tobasco, oregano, cayenne pepper, black pepper and white pepper.
- After butter melts turn off heat and add fresh bread crumbs. Add enough until it's the consistency like oatmeal.
- Top with bacon, sprinkle some paprika and any leftover bread crumbs.
- Grease a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until edges sizzle.
- Serve with french bread or crackers.