Recipe by JT'sMom
I got this recipe from a gentleman who brought them to my sister's cocktail party. They are very tasty. I cut them into about 1 1/2 inch squares. I have never tried, but I suppose you could use fresh clams? Time does not include sitting.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 8 flour tortillas, cut in half
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (use more if you like)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped black olives (use more if you like)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add flour. When butter and flour becomes bubbly; let it cook about a half a minute.
- Add bullion and whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook stirring with a whisk until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- To the hot sauce, add mozzarella cheese and the drained clams; stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray and layer as follows: ½ of the tortillas, ½ of the sauce, ½ of the chopped chilies, and ½ of the olives.
- Repeat layering in same order and sprinkle the top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 f. for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing into squares.