Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Luxurious cream and fresh basil together create an elegant dinner with just a few ingredients.
Make and share this Baked Citrus Chicken With Basil Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut 4 very thin slices of 1 lemon.
- From remaining part of lemon squeeze 3 tbsp of juice into a bowl.
- Slice other lemon into 8 wedges.
- Using your fingers loosen skin from breast but leave attached.
- Carefully slip 1 lemon slice & 1 basil leaf under skin.
- Season chicken with Salt & Pepper and place in a baking dish. (treated with cooking spray).
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until skin starts to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream, honey mustard, 3 tbsp of lemon juice and garlic together.
- After 20 minutes pour over chicken.
- Scatter lemon wedges around chicken.
- Bake 20 more minutes basting occaisionally.
- Meanwhile, finely chop rest of basil.
- When chicken comes out of oven transfer meat to serving platter and stir basil, salt & pepper into sauce.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
These ingredients create a delicious dinner IF you have good cooking instincts. This recipe is swiss cheese! (full of holes!) Still, I was looking for a baked chicken preparation for a luncheon crowd of 60 women, and this was perfect. Not too expensive. Not too time consumptive in preparation. Beautiful presentation.<br/>But don't attempt if you follow a recipe exactly. Read it now. Where's the basil in the cream sauce?
This is luxurious. It's rich, creamy and light as at the same time. I couldn't find fresh basil, but I did find the "tube" basil and it worked wonderfully. I served it with wild rice and steamed broccoli. Simply wonderful and easy.