Luxurious cream and fresh basil together create an elegant dinner with just a few ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut 4 very thin slices of 1 lemon.
- 3From remaining part of lemon squeeze 3 tbsp of juice into a bowl.
- 4Slice other lemon into 8 wedges.
- 5Using your fingers loosen skin from breast but leave attached.
- 6Carefully slip 1 lemon slice & 1 basil leaf under skin.
- 7Season chicken with Salt & Pepper and place in a baking dish. (treated with cooking spray).
- 8Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until skin starts to turn golden.
- 9Meanwhile, whisk cream, honey mustard, 3 tbsp of lemon juice and garlic together.
- 10After 20 minutes pour over chicken.
- 11Scatter lemon wedges around chicken.
- 12Bake 20 more minutes basting occaisionally.
- 13Meanwhile, finely chop rest of basil.
- 14When chicken comes out of oven transfer meat to serving platter and stir basil, salt & pepper into sauce.
- 15Spoon sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Citrus Chicken With Basil Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: