Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a healthy dessert ideal for using up pears, apples, oranges and lemons that may be left in the fruit bowl. Serve warm as a light dessert with Greek yoghurt, or eat chilled with a bowl of granola for a healthy start to the day. This recipe is also good for children!
- 2 pears, very ripe, peeled, cut into quarters and cored
- 2 apples, peeled, cut into quarters and cored
- 1 stick cinnamon, broken in half
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated
- 3 ounces raisins
- 1 lemon, juice and zest peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 3 oranges, juice, zest from 1 orange peeled into strips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place the pear and apples quarters in a flameproof dish with the cinnamon stick, nutmeg, raisins, lemon and orange juice with the zest strips.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the fruit is just soft.
- Serve warm with creme fraiche or yogurt.
Marvellous recipe for times of glut. I had 2 big bags of Buerre Bosc pears so used them in this recipe. I love the addition of lemon here.