Recipe by Wish my name is Sheridan
A yummy looking recipe found in one of those tear out Rice Krispies activity book type ads. And it's healthier than your average french toast- it's baked!
Top Review by CoffeeB
Sorry but my gang said this was a bit dry. I"m wondering if it's because of the RiceKrispies on top??? I will make it again but w/o. I seen another recipe for one similar where you roll it in CornFlakes. I'll try that too.
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk or 2⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick, 3-4 inches in diameter) or 8 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick, 3-4 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 2 medium bananas, sliced or 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow dish stir together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to generously coat both sides. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 F about 11 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Turn bread slices. Sprinkle with Rice Krispies cereal. Lightly press cereal into the bread. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over cereal. Bake at 450 F about 5 minutes more or until light brown.
- Top each slice with some banana slices. Serve with syrup and strawberries.