Recipe by LuckyMomof3
Much better for you 'cause it's baked, not fried! Can be made the night before too!
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
Really good recipe... my husband and I liked another recipe better, but the kids LOVED it. It wouldn't be my "go to" recipe, but I would definitely try it again. Next time I would grease the pan more generously... since the bread stuck to the sides and in some parts to the bottom. My favorite thing was the maple syrup mixed together... I just put a tiny bit of syrup on.
- cooking spray (or parchment paper)
- 6 slices bread (your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fruit (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9" baking pan (or line with parchment paper).
- Arrange bread slices to fit in a single layer and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Beat eggs with milk, syrup, butter and vanilla until just blended.
- Pour evenly over bread.
- Bake immediately or cover and refridgerate up to overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Garnish with fruit and additional syrup if desired.