Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
SO SIMPLE! Easy to make and full of cinnamon flavor! The topping goes on the donut before baking and offers a crusty sugar-cinnamon coating. Makes a great weekend breakfast or snack. Leftovers (if any) freeze well.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Mix all 7 dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, beat egg. Mix egg with milk and melted butter. Add vanilla.
- Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until just combined being careful NOT to overmix. Pour into greased donut baking tin, filling approximately 3/4 full.
- Mix cinnamon into brown sugar and sprinkle over donuts. Drizzle or spoon melted butter over top of each donut.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes.
Very delicious and simple! I just bought a donut pan and wanted to try something that didn't seem too difficult to pull together on a Saturday morning. I stuck to the recipe, only changed the sugar---for the white, used 1 cup Splenda, and kept the remaining amounts of white and brown sugars the same. And, the kitchen smelled wonderful with cinnamon baking!
I've only tasted these straight out of the oven, but they are delicious. I made them exactly as the recipe except I did not include the mace. Thank you for this keeper.
So delicious and full of flavor! I didn't have mace so I just subbed in 1/8tsp of cloves instead. I was also out of brown sugar, so I used white sugar for the topping. After the donuts cooled enough to handle, I brushed melted butter on both sides and then dipped them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Great cake donut!