Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Presented by the Inn at Rose Hall
- 1 loaf cinnamon-swirl bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Break 1/2 of bread into small pieces and put into 9" x 13" pan.
- Slice cream cheese into small pieces and cover bread.
- Put remaining bread on the top of cream cheese.
- Mix: eggs, milk, 1/2 syrup and melted butter.
- Pour over top of bread and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
I had intended to add some cinnamon sugar to the top of it before I baked it, however since my DH had seen me making it yesterday, and I left the directions out on the counter . . . he baked it himself. They also dove into it without taking a photo of it completed. So my photo is only of one piece as the loaf was pretty mutilated in the feeding frenzy. LOL! I too used Pepperidge Farms Brown Sugar Cinnamon Swirl bread. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag '2009.
I cut the serving size to just 1 serving, which really made two servings. My DD and I both enjoyed this for breakfast. This would be great to make for a brunch dish. I used Pepperidge Farms Brown Sugar Cinnamon Swirl bread. Made for Spring PAC 2008. Thanks Hamre for a great recipe.