Recipe by streak9381_13097329
I found this recipe online a while back, & opted to make it for Thanksgiving instead of the usual cranberry sauce (that no one ever ate). They were a big hit, & I've been making them ever since. You don't have to wait for Thanksgiving to make them, though.
Top Review by momaphet
These are simple and tasty, though with the time they take to bake. They aren't overly sweet but for my taste I would use less sugar. I would only use this method again if I had something else going in the oven too, as I get similar results from the microwave or on the stove top in much less time. I used them for a topping for french toast. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 10 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, & sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced apples in a large mixing bowl & gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Lightly grease a 1-1/2 to 2 quart casserole dish w/ cooking spray.
- Place apple mixture in casserole dish & bake, covered, for 45-50 minutes at 350*F.
- Stir every 15 minutes or so.
- Once apples are soft, cook for another few minutes to allow the cinnamon sauce to thicken.
- Serve warm.