Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one amazing rice recipe that is served at a local Tex-Mex restaurant in Utah. We went to a Halloween party, and this was served there, along with the 2 other recipes that I am going to put on here. I promise you will LOVE this rice!
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 limes, juice and zest of (to taste)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Turn your oven to 350-375 and then heat the chicken broth on the stove in a pan.
- Once heated through, but not boiling, squeeze juice from lime, and add the zest into broth.
- Place rice in baking dish, and then pour heated broth over rice, cover, and place in oven to bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Make sure to stir a couple times.
- Once done, add in the chopped cilantro and serve.
This, like most other, took longer than suggested to make, but my husband loved it. I wasn't in love with it, but ate it nonetheless. Maybe too much chicken broth, I think next time I will lessen that, but thanks for the recipe!
Great rice! Definitely like something you would get at a Tex-Mex restaurant. I took the suggestion of parboiling it first and then sticking it in the oven... worked out nicely. I topped the rice with Lime Chicken-Avocado Salad, and the combo was amazing...I'll definitely be doing that again. Thanks for a keeper!
Delicious, thanks for the great recipe.