Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Increase the amount of green chiles to spice it up or substitute roasted red peppers for the chile to mellow it out.
- Roll pastry to a 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured board.
- Cut pastry into circles that are 3 inches in diameter and set aside.
- Remove casings from chorizo and fry sausage in a small skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Combine chorizo, sour cream, and chile in a small mixing bowl.
- Place a spoonful of mixture, off center, on each pastry circle.
- Fold pastry in half over filling, and pinch edges together to seal.
- Pierce top of turnovers with tines of a fork.
- Spray top of turnovers with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Place empanaditas on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a 450°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.