Increase the amount of green chiles to spice it up or substitute roasted red peppers for the chile to mellow it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll pastry to a 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured board.
- 2Cut pastry into circles that are 3 inches in diameter and set aside.
- 3Remove casings from chorizo and fry sausage in a small skillet over medium heat; drain.
- 4Combine chorizo, sour cream, and chile in a small mixing bowl.
- 5Place a spoonful of mixture, off center, on each pastry circle.
- 6Fold pastry in half over filling, and pinch edges together to seal.
- 7Pierce top of turnovers with tines of a fork.
- 8Spray top of turnovers with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- 9Place empanaditas on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a 450°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chorizo Empanaditas
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 802.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g