Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Increase the amount of green chiles to spice it up or substitute roasted red peppers for the chile to mellow it out.
- 1 refrigerated double crust pie crust
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 ounces chorizo sausages (Mexican Sausage)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- Roll pastry to a 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured board.
- Cut pastry into circles that are 3 inches in diameter and set aside.
- Remove casings from chorizo and fry sausage in a small skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Combine chorizo, sour cream, and chile in a small mixing bowl.
- Place a spoonful of mixture, off center, on each pastry circle.
- Fold pastry in half over filling, and pinch edges together to seal.
- Pierce top of turnovers with tines of a fork.
- Spray top of turnovers with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Place empanaditas on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in a 450°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.