Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website (I know!), it is so full of flavor and easy to make. My whole family thoroughly enjoyed it! I served it with Spanish rice.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper, and onion stir-fry
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mexican blend seasoning (or 1 tsp chili powder & 1/2 tsp ground cumin)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican blend cheese (or Monterey Jack)
- 2 -3 tablespoons margarine or 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- sour cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350°. Cook ground meat in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry and corn; cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Add taco sauce and dry ingredients. Mix well. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Divide beans and spread evenly over each tortilla. Spoon ground meat mixture down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with each. Fold sides of each tortilla toward center; fold up ends. Place seam side down, in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Brush each chimichanga with margarine.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated. Serve with tomatoes and lettuce.