Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Although this calls for leftover chicken any other leftover meat works well too. Recipe source: local newspaper which was adapted from Quick and Healthy Recipes and Ideas.
- 8 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (see note in description)
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (we use WW Mexican blend cheese)
Optional Spanish yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together filling ingredients.
- Warm tortillas (5 seconds in a microwave).
- Wet one side of tortilla and place wet side down and then spoon filling in the center of tortilla. Fold to hold in the filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spray baking dish with Pam. Lay chimichangas, seam side down in dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To make sauce:.
- Mix together ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate before serving.
So much healthier than the ones you buy. These are quick and easy to make as well as tasty. Made with chicken and fat free cheese. Next time will use a different sauce as this one did not go over well. Gave 5 stars as the baked chimichangs were good and the sauce is listed as optional. Thanks so much for the post .
Made this with shredded chicken breast that was in the freezer ~ Fast, easy to prepare & tasty! I was going to forget about the sauce but then decided to try it out as well, & am glad I did as it added a nice finishing touch to these baked goodies! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe tag]