Recipe by Brisket in Roses
I saw rachael ray do this once on her show and it kind of stuck to me. not exactly how she does it, but i kind of modified it to my own tastes. I don't really measure anything, i just kind of do it to taste. hope you enjoy. I usually serve this with refried black beans...mmm, yummy! For the pico de gallo, this one works well: Pico De Gallo
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1 store-bought rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat pulled
- 1 (15 ounce) canspanish-style tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers, sliced (use however many you like, i use 4 for good heat)
- 1 small red cabbage, cut julienne
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- pico de gallo (optional) or salsa (optional)
- avocado, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the pulled chicken meat, sliced chipotle peppers, tomato sauce, red cabbage, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat up tortillas in microwave for about a minute, until soft.
- On each tortilla, place a small mound of the cheese blend in the middle.
- Place the meat mixture on top of the cheese and roll to make a burrito.
- Place the burrito on a greased cookie pan, folded side down, and brush olive oil on the top part of the burrito.
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes, or until the tortilla has browned.
- Serve on plate and garnish with sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, and avocado.