- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, whole
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut in strips
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peppers, halve lenthwise, remove seeds.
- Cut cheese in strips to fit inside peppers. Wrap each pepper around a strip of cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in a 10 x 6 x 2 baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk, then beat in flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Pour mixture over peppers in the baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.