A simple but delicious version using canned chilies baked in the oven.
Make and share this Baked Chilie Rellenos Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Drain peppers, halve lenthwise, remove seeds.
- Cut cheese in strips to fit inside peppers. Wrap each pepper around a strip of cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in a 10 x 6 x 2 baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk, then beat in flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Pour mixture over peppers in the baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.