From La Dolce Vegan by Sarah Kramer. This is an easy way to make chili for the week. The cornbread topping is good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups vegetarian ground beef, crumbled
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can pickled green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Preheat oven 400. Lightly oil a 9x13 pan.
- 2In a large saucepan saute the onions and peppers in oil until the onions are translucent. Add remaining chili ingredients and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 3While chili is cooking mix 'milk' and vinegar. In a separate bowl mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add the oil and milk mixture, stirring until just mixed.
- 5Transfer chili to baking pan and spoon the cornmeal batter on to the top.
- 6Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chili With Cornbread Biscuit Topping
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1135.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian ground beef
pickled green chilies