Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This spread is a hit! I had it at an office party and I had to have the recipe! It was one of the first things to disappear. I added my own condiments such as black olives and sour cream to make it even better! Great to take for a party, potluck, or outdoor barbecue!
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 (24 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 cup sliced green onion, divided (about 8)
- 1 jar salsa, divided (Mild, or any flavor)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- sliced black olives
- sour cream
- tortilla chips or assorted crackers or sliced baguette
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Heavily spray bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine corn meal and chili powder; sprinkle over bottom and side of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and cumin in large mixer bowl until smooth; stir in chiles and 1/2 cup green onion.
- Pour half of batter into pan.
- Spoon 1 cup salsa over top of batter; sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese over salsa.
- Spread remaining batter over top of cheese.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove side of springform pan.
- Spread remaining salsa over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese and green onion.
- If desired garnish with black olives and sour cream.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced baguette.
Tasty one and has a good presentation!
I found this recipe in our local paper and everyone always loves it. It has a very nice presentation and is different than the usual cheese ball or dip. My recipe called for 2 4oz cans of diced green chilies. It is definitely a keeper and I can now throw away my newspaper from 2002!