1 hr 10 mins
Little Bee's Note:
This spread is a hit! I had it at an office party and I had to have the recipe! It was one of the first things to disappear. I added my own condiments such as black olives and sour cream to make it even better! Great to take for a party, potluck, or outdoor barbecue!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 (24 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 cup sliced green onion, divided (about 8)
- 1 jar salsa, divided (Mild, or any flavor)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 325° F.
- 2Heavily spray bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 3Combine corn meal and chili powder; sprinkle over bottom and side of prepared pan.
- 4Beat cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and cumin in large mixer bowl until smooth; stir in chiles and 1/2 cup green onion.
- 5Pour half of batter into pan.
- 6Spoon 1 cup salsa over top of batter; sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese over salsa.
- 7Spread remaining batter over top of cheese.
- 8Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly.
- 9Cool completely in pan on wire rack; remove side of springform pan.
- 10Spread remaining salsa over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese and green onion.
- 11If desired garnish with black olives and sour cream.
- 12Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced baguette.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chili Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 663.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g