Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yet to try.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Cook beef, onion and green pepper in drippings over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat; add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in bacon; mix well.
- Transfer to an oven proof Dutch oven or greased 13 X 9- inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly.