This is from Sunset Casserole Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a slit down the side of each chile and remove seeds and pith.
- 2Fold or stuff equal lamounts of cheese inside each chile.
- 3Arrange chiles side by side in a lightly buttered shallow 3-quart casserole or 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 4With an electric mixer, beat eggs until thick and foamy.
- 5Add milk, flour, and baking power; beat until mixture is smooth.
- 6Pour egg batter evenly over chiles and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until casserole is puffed and jiggles only slightly when gently shaken.
- 8Just before casserole is ready, heat marinara sauce to simmering and place in a small serving bowl.
- 9Quickly garnish hot casserole with olives and serve at once with marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chiles Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.7
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 361.0 mg
- Sodium 994.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g