The Best Northwest Places Cookbook (Volume 1). Delialah's, Vancouver, British Columbia. Sea bass is a delicate-flavored, firm-fleshed white fish.You can also use salmon, halibut, or flounder in this versatile recipe. Round out the meal with blanched asparagus and grilled red and yellow peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or more)
- 1 1/2 lbs chilean sea bass fillets, cut into portions
BLACK BEAN SAUCE
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fermented black beans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1FOR THE BLACK BEAN SAUCE, combine the orange juice, sherry, sake, oyster sauce, black beans, soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, and cornstarch in a medium bowl and whisk to mix well. Set aside.
- 2PREHEAT THE OVEN to 350°F.
- 3HEAT THE OIL in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until well browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove the skillet from the heat, pour the black bean sauce over the fish, and put the pan in the oven to bake until the fish is just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- 4SET A PORTION of the fish onto each individual plate. If the black bean sauce has not thickened, boil until reduced slightly. Spoon the black bean sauce over and around the fish and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chilean Sea Bass in Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 1122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fermented black beans