Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts, each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large peaches, peeled and halved
- to taste cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, reduce the stuffing mix to coarse crumbs. Pour them onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Coat one piece of chicken breast with yogurt as thickly as possible (admittedly, this is a messy step), then dip it into the crumbs to coat.
- Lay the chicken in an oiled baking dish large enough to hold chicken and peaches in one layer. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Surround the chicken with the peach halves, cut side down. Sprinkle the peaches (not the chicken) with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the breasts are just cooked through but not dry.
This was a super recipe - it was easy to make and quick to prepare. I used a whole cut-off chicken instead of just breasts and think that doing so made a jucier dish. The flavor of seasoned bread crumbs, yogurt, chicken and peaches (I used frozen slices right from the freezer) was outstanding. My spouse who is a picky eater ate twice as much as usual and complimented me three times!
This is a great recipe, easy, quick and really tasty. I used plain breadcrumbs with garlic powder, cumin, basil, parsley (choose your own). I used canned peaches, easier as well. I cooked it for 40 minutes at 400 degrees while I was baking potatoes as well. It was still moist. Chris
My husband and I really liked the taste of the breaded chicken in yogurt. It was both tangy and creamy. However, the peaches were completely unnecessary. They don't flavor the chicken at all and as a side dish they don't particularly complement the chicken. I will make this dish again but without the peaches.