Use this versatile sauce with fish, ham and pork also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- 3Cover with the sliced onion and pour over the white wine.
- 4Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Place the watercress or spinach in a liquidizer.
- 6When the chicken is cooked, drain off the cooking liquid onto the watercress or spinach.
- 7Add the cream cheese to the liquid and blnd until smooth.
- 8Pour the liquid into a saucepan and heat, seasoning to taste with the vegetable bouillon powder.
- 9When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and slice.
- 10place the sliced chicken on serving plates and coat with the sauce.
- 11Serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken With Watercress or Spinach Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules