Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use this versatile sauce with fish, ham and pork also.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 7 ounces watercress or 7 ounces spinach
- 5 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Cover with the sliced onion and pour over the white wine.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place the watercress or spinach in a liquidizer.
- When the chicken is cooked, drain off the cooking liquid onto the watercress or spinach.
- Add the cream cheese to the liquid and blnd until smooth.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan and heat, seasoning to taste with the vegetable bouillon powder.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and slice.
- place the sliced chicken on serving plates and coat with the sauce.
- Serve with salad.