Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is another great recipe for all of you who are counting points. The recipe calls for the sauce to be poured over the baked chicken, but my family prefers to use the sauce as a dip....it is even great with toasted bread. Now, if you are counting those WW points, this is a 4 ounce serving for 4 points....but of course, you know you can't eat that bread....darn it!!!!
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 3⁄4 cup water, boiling
- 12 medium sun-dried tomatoes, without oil
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix wheat germ, 1.2 teaspoon salt and pepper and pour into a flat bowl.
- Place beaten egg whites in another bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg whites, then in wheat-germ mixture to coat.
- Place pieces on baking sheet which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until done -- this will depend on the size of the tenders.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Put tomatoes and water, roasted red peppers (may sub pimento), vinegar and remaining salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat sauce in microwave or sauce pan and pour over chicken.
- We prefer to serve the sauce on the side as a dip -- .