Recipe by islandgirl77551
This is another recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens Italian Cookbook. The raisins and almonds give this a nice flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 lbs chicken (pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil (1/2 tsp. dry basil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- hot cooked rice or cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic bag combine flour and 1 teaspoons salt.
- Add chicken, a few pieces at a time and shake until coated evenly.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in hot oil for 10-15 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Transfer chicken to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In same skillet saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Drain off fat and stir in tomatoes,raisins,almonds,wine,basil,1/2 teaspoons salt,bouillon and 1/4 cup water.
- Pour over chicken cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice or pasta.