1 hr 30 mins
My Italian Grandpa Joey used to make this dish. I remember eating it as a kid and thinking wow how does he do it? So I had to create my own version and kick it up a notch. This is my nephew's favorite dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken (I use drumsticks and thighs)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed in a mortar and pestle (or finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoons goya light adobo seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1In large bowl or pot soak chicken in water, salt and vinegar for about 10 minutes. Rinse well, trim excess skin and pat dry. Leave in pot or bowl to season.
- 2To chicken add 4 tbs. olive oil, black pepper, 4 tbs. Goya light adobo, garlic, oregano, juice of 2 limes, and worcestershire sauce. Mix well, let marinade for at least an hour (overnight is best).
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Place chicken skin side up in casserole dish large enough to leave some space between the chicken pieces. Pour remaining marinade over chicken.
- 5Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, season potatoes with 1 tbs. light adobo, black pepper, italian dried seasoning and 4 tbs. olive oil.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 350, flip chicken, add potatoes. Cook for 30 minutes.
- 7Flip chicken once more, add peas and onions and cook for 30 minutes.
- 8I usually serve this dish with white rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken With Potatoes, Peas, and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.7
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 1407.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning